Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday Turnaround: Budgetting Birthdays

Tuesday Turnaround: From turning something old into something "new" to turning your thinking around, you can save yourself some $money$ either way.

birthday_clipart_5.gifEverybody has a birthday, but not everybody has the money to get their child the latest video game or hot toy that he or she has been hinting at (or begging for) for the past few months.

I am that parent. I have a teenager who just turned 15. I didn't have much to spend, but I was told that it was the "best birthday [he's] had". As a mom, that makes me feel really special.

Here is what I got for him (all NEW) and I did not spend a dime:
  • 2 BluRay movies
  • 1 DVD movie
  • 2 Wii game
  • $15 to spend on iTunes
  • 1 Panasonic BluRay machine

Here is how I got it all for FREE:
(Links are included)

Now, if I can figure out how to get him a car next year on rewards points, I'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment