Monday, October 24, 2011

CVS Gift Card Scenario (week of 10/23/11)


I found a LOT of good deals in this week's Gift Card list. For a FULL list of the items on this week's list, be sure to view my previous post here on the blog with all the details. Here is what I bought this week at CVS toward my Gift Card (I chose a $10 CVS Gift Card.):

  • 4 Cheetos/Fritos 2/$6
  • 8 Gatorade $1.99 each BOGO (2/$1.99)
  • 4 Kleenex $1 each
  • 1 Scott Choose-A-Size paper Towels $6 - $1Q **

I paid $17.96 (after Qs and $10 Gift Card Reward) for everything listed here.

I did the math and I come up with the following prices per item on average
(at approx 60c to the dollar):
  • Cheetos/Fritos $1.80 each
  • Gatorade $1.19 each BOGO (2/$1.19 or 60c each)
  • Kleenex 60c each
  • Scott Choose-A-Size paper Towels $3.59

Don't forget to check your Qs. You may have some that I didn't or you may be able to come up with a scenario of your own with different products that works better for you and your lifestyle. Feel free to share these with us on the FB page. :o)
**I found so many items this week that I realized that I had over spent by $6 toward this card (I bought 2 paper towels instead of just the one mentioned in the scenario). The good news is that that $6 will be used toward a second gift card! :-) Now to figure out $24 in additional products to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment