Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Turnaround: Washing the Car

Tuesday Turnaround: From turning something old into something "new" to turning your thinking around, you can save yourself some $money$ either way.


Do you wash your car yourself? Do you grab a bucket and sponge or run down to the nearest coin-opperated car wash? Have you ever stopped to wonder which method is the most cost effective?

If you are quick at it, you can probably do a coin-op wash in just a few minutes and it will only cost a few dollars. But some of the settings on the machine can become very costly.

If you grab your bucket and sponge, you might end up taking a little longer and possibly wasting water if you do not have a hose nossle that shuts off. But if you have the right nossle and can recruite a few helpers, you can get it done in no time and even have a nice bonding time with the kids -- not to mention cool off on a HOT summer day! ;o)

In my oppinion, it is a toss up on cost vs. bonding time. You decide! (Comment below with your opinion.)

4 comments:

  1. I am interested in learning to coupon!!! Need Help!!! I am a mother of 4 and need to save all the money i can!!! Have done allot of research but don't know how to get started or how to ubtain allot of coupons needing a mentor who is willing to get me going!!! Please e-mail me at calaliliash@yahoo.com Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the "Beginning Couponing" section of this blog? (Click the tab at the top of the page.)
      A great place to obtain coupons is in the Sunday paper. We get a "bundle" of 2 papers for $5 at our local stores. Or you can print some from the link at the top-right of the blog pages. (The coupons change out at the start of each month and they usually add a few every few days.)
      I hope this helps to get you started. :o)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all your help!! Just to be sure I am understanding correctly does a "bundle" mean a regular full newspaper? Thank you for the help and I read the Beginning coupon section on the blog, very expanitory and I think I have figured this out I guess I just need to start collecting the coupons and Keeping up with the deals!!! When does CVS and Walgreens start there sale ad every week? And do you ever go to Wal- mart and use coupons? I have heard that they will aply the overage of coupons to the overall transaction so you can make money ther on deals!!! Have you ever done this? Thanks for all your time I really appreciate all your help!!! I would love to attend any coupon club meetings if you are ever holding any, please let me know. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A "bundle" is 2 FULL Sunday papers sold together for $5 (regular price is $3/paper in Tyler).
      CVS and Walgreens ads start on Sundays.
      Wal-Mart is GREAT because they will match competitors' ads (with some minor restrictions) and they will accept competitors' coupons that state an amount off. They DO give overage and I LOVE to do this (especially if I am needing an item that doesn't have a coupon).
      We have held off on our Club Meetings because of lack of interest, but I will probably hold another one after school starts back in the fall.
      Glad to be of help! :o)

      Delete