Thursday, August 11, 2011

Catch the Sale!! Quick!!!

Have you ever been to a store on the LAST day of a sale and they are OUT of the size of clothing you are needing? This happened to me the other day when I went shopping for school uniform shirts. They had plenty of shirts, but they were out of the size and/or color that I needed for my son. I was really disappointed because they were on sale for about 1/2 the regular price. Because this was a NEEDED item as opposed to a WANT, I was determined to get it for the sale price.

I looked through EVERY shirt on the display. I searched the store for more. I even asked the sales associates if there were any more in the store. I had a certificate worth enough money for 5 shirts, but they only had 1 that fit our needs. What was I to do?

I asked the sales associate about their exchange policy. I asked if I could exchanged for a different size at no additional charge at a later date if I purchased them today at the sale price. She said yes! Then I asked her when they expected their next shipment. I purchased 5 shirts on that day and saved the receipt in the bag with the 4 shirts I intended to exchange.

When I returned to the store after they had received the shipment of new stock, I explained to the associate behind the counter what I had done. I still had to hunt for the appropriate sizes, but I successfully found enough shirts in a variety of acceptable colors in the correct size. I made the exchange with nothing more out of pocket and left very HAPPY!!

This was a great buy for me and, because I was smart enough to use their policies in my favor, I didn't miss the sale! :o)

1 comment:

  1. careful- some stores won't honor a sale price on an exchange. I've fought for it, but don't always win. It was a great idea to ask first so you would know what they would stand by.

    ReplyDelete